At Jota Aviation Ltd, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect personal information about our subscribers, advertisers and people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, including third parties, and how we keep it secure.
For further information, or any questions regarding this policy should be directed to: email@example.com, or by writing to: FAO: DPO, Jota Aviation, Viscount House, London Southend Airport, Essex United Kingdom SS2 6YF
Who are we?
The Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, known as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) says we have to give you certain details as a data controller’.
We are Jota Aviation Ltd (company reg: 07084872) a rapidly expanding specialist airline with many years’ experience in the aviation sector.
How do we collect information?
We obtain your details when you use our website, request a quotation, place an order with us, contact us about our products/services or if you subscribe to e-Newsletter. We also may collect your details upon meeting at an event, or within a phone call.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal data we collect from you may include: your name, address, email address, contact number(s) and IP address. We also may collect information from you surrounding your ‘area of interest(s)’ this includes what content/services that are of interest to you, as well as pages you have visited on our website. Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following bases applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as our credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Complete any transaction with Jota Aviation ltd
- Send you relevant updates that you have requested, and may be of interest to you
- Send you relevant products/services that you have requested, and may be of interest to you
- Invite you to an event that may be of interest to you
- Request that you update your preferences
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Process a job application
If you are already our customer, we will only contact you electronically about things similar to what was previously sold to you. If you are a new customer, you will only be contacted if you agree to it.
If you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes, please use the unsubscribe link sent in any marketing email. In addition, if you don’t want us to use your personal data for any of the other reasons set out in this section, you can let us know at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete your data from our systems. However, you acknowledge this will limit our ability to provide the best possible services to you. In some cases, the collection of personal data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the services we can provide you if you don’t provide your personal data in these cases.
Who has access to your information and can third parties access your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third party service providers working on our behalf: Occasionally, service providers, agents or subcontractors may be given your information for the purpose of completing tasks and providing our services to you on our behalf (for example, requesting that you update your preferences). When we use third party service providers, we will only disclose information that is relevant and vital to completing the requested task in order to deliver the agreed service. To ensure that your data is protected when working with third party service providers we have a contract in place that requires them to securely handle your data and doesn’t allow them to use your information for theirs or any other company or individual’s marketing purposes. These are the third parties that have access to your personal data:
- The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000 Atlanta, GA 30308 USA or email@example.com
- JotForm Inc.111 Pine St. Suite 1815, San Francisco, CA 94111 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under GDPR and the law.
We may transfer your collected data to storage outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed outside the EEA to fulfil your order and deal with payment.
By giving us your personal data, you agree to this arrangement. We will do what we reasonably can to keep your data secure.
Data is owned by Jota Aviation Ltd and kept securely. In the instance that Jota Aviation Ltd was to be sold in its entirety or by individual asset, merged with another company, was legally required to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or otherwise restructured we will take all necessary steps with the aim of ensuring your data is protected.
Consent and updating your preferences
If for a secondary reason, for example marketing, with your permission, we may get in contact with you with offers/updates that we think could be relevant or of interest to you. You have the choice as to whether or not you want to receive these from us. If you do not want to receive direct e-Communications from us, then you can update your preferences at any time in the following ways:
- By email: email@example.com
- By writing to us: FAO: DPO, Jota Aviation Ltd , Viscount House, London Southend Airport, Essex United Kingdom SS2 6YF
With your consent, we may send you emails about our content, products, or services that could be of interest to you. We use mail chimp as our email marketing platform to communicate with our customers. MailChimp offers the option to unsubscribe at any time which will delete any of your personal data.
We will only hold your data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described in this policy and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. In any event, we will conduct an annual review to ascertain whether we need to keep your personal data. Your personal data will be deleted if we no longer need it. We offer withdrawal of consent and deletion of your data at any time upon your request.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that Jota Aviation Ltd hold about you.
We only use anonymous cookies, which means that our cookies are not collecting any information that would allow you to be identified personally. We collect data about your browsing behaviour/patterns to enable us to improve our website and provide you with more content that could be of interest to you.
If you’d rather that our site and others didn’t enable cookies, you can disable them. There are a number of ways that you can do this, however we’d suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance on most browsers.
Links to other websites and privacy statement
When you click on links from our website they may redirect you away from www.jotaaviation.com. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and would encourage you to read their privacy statements.
You can ask us not to use your data for marketing. You can do this by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under GDPR, you have the right to:
- Request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- Request that your personal data be transferred to another person (data portability);
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- Restrict processing;
- To object to processing of your personal data; and
- Complain to a supervisory authority.
You also have rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling as set out below.
Automated decision-making and profiling
In the event that we use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you, you have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from us.
The right described above does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between you and us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given your explicit consent.
Where we use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
We keep this policy under regular review. It was last updated in October 2018.
We reserve the right to modify it at any time so would encourage you to regularly review it. Changes and clarifications will take immediate effect upon their posting to the website. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it and/or disclose it and your choices.
Questions & Contacting Jota Aviation
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any information that we have about you, register a complaint or would like further information about this statement or any information on our website please email: email@example.com, write to us: FAO: DPO, Jota Aviation Ltd , Viscount House, London Southend Airport, Essex United Kingdom SS2 6YF.