Jota Aviation is looking to appoint a Flight Operations Controller based at its offices at Southend Airport. This is an ideal position for someone who is interested in making a career in aviation and would like the opportunity to become a Flight Operations Controller for a busy and expanding airline.
To flight watch all of the company’s aircraft to ensure efficient and on time departures by filing accurate flight plans, checking on weather, arranging handling and managing ATC and runway slots to ensure the smooth running of the flying programme. The role will entail working a 4 on 4 off alternate 12 hour day and night shifts.
The key duties and responsibilities will include
- Preparing and filing accurate flight plans
- Acquiring and managing slots, arranging ground handling and overflight permits where required.
- To monitor the weather conditions and preparing pilot notices where necessary to alert aircrew of any potential hazards on route
- To monitor and action as necessary any crewing, engineering or despatch issues that could effect on time departures.
- To liaise as necessary with all relevant departments, customer and/or 3rd party providers for the smooth and cost effective running of the flying programme
Full training in all aspects of the position will be provided. As part of the training, the company will also sponsor the successful applicant in completing the UKOMA course . Suitable candidates should have a keen interest in aviation with excellent communication abilities. We are also looking for applicants who have a good level of numeracy and computer skills with the ability to resolve problems or issues under pressure.
A detailed job description for the positions is available here
- Jota Aviation employee benefits include:-
- Rebated Travel
- Pension Scheme – with company contribution after three months service
- Life assurance
This position is offered with a competitive salary based at our offices at London Southend Airport Essex.
All applications will be handled in confidence