As part of our continuing support to people wishing to pursue a career in Aviation, we have developed a new entrance position to our Operations function. This role would entail organising transport/accommodation and dealing with all the travel logistics required for our flight crew/cabin crew, engineers and all company employees and contractors working for the company ensuring the most cost effective means as possible.
The role will also entail assisting the Duty Operations Controller with the flight schedule ensuring the smooth running of the daily flying programme and on time departures. Full training in all aspects of the position will be provided. Progression, subject to aptitude and performance would thereafter be to an Operations Controller position, with the company sponsoring the person to attend the UKOMA course. Further progression would depend on opportunities and individual abilities but could lead to a more senior Operations position, a role within our sales department or whilst we do not provide sponsorship, we do have options for aspiring pilots and joining our cadet scheme following meeting the initial minimum criteria.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Applicants must have a good attention to detail and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- We will be looking for someone with excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport with all aircrew as well as our internal employees and external contacts.
- Suitable candidates should have the ability to multi-task and be able to work accurately in a busy environment.
- All candidates must be able to plan and organise their workload to ensure that all necessary tasks are completed within the required timeframes
- The positions will require a reasonable level of numeracy and good computer literacy with the ability to work with spreadsheets and data.
A more detailed job description is available here (link to job description)
The position is offered with competitive initial starting salary based at our offices at London Southend Airport.
- Pension scheme – with company contribution after three months’ service
- Life assurance
All applications will be handled in confidence.
Closing Date 22nd January 2019