Jota Aviation is looking for a Maintenance/Airworthiness Planner as part of its ongoing expansion working at their Offices based at London Southend Airport.
Working directly within our Airworthiness Department, as a Maintenance Planner you will be responsible for managing, planning and controlling the maintenance for the company’s aircraft up to 3A check and providing both short and mid term planning for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and technical support for each aircraft within the fleet to maximise each aircraft’s availability. This will entail working with Operations teams and being the direct point of contact for crew, maintenance staff and operations staff for all airworthiness issues. The role will involve working a 12 hour 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
- To manage and maintain the short term and mid-term planning of “Out of Phase” and expiring “Acceptable Deferred Defects” for each aircraft in the fleet
- To keep up-to date with the schedule of work and the flying programme releasing the aircraft from maintenance in conjunction with the CAM, ensuring Operations are notified of any defects that may impact on the performance of the aircraft.
- To manage the aircraft whilst in a AOG situation, liaising with the Maintenance Engineers /Commercial Operations and arranging the acquisition of spare parts as required as cost efficiently as possible.
- In conjunction with the CAM to be the direct point of contact for crew, maintenance staff for reporting any defects or airworthiness issues.
- In conjunction with the CAM, to plan and organise any special tasks such as config changes etc.
- Ensuring all technical documentation is received and that the relevant information is recorded in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- In conjunction with the CAM, to maintain an overview of the costs of defect rectification or airworthiness issues ensuring that costs are within budget and have been accurately recorded.
- To promote safety awareness and a “positive safety culture” by actively encouraging open reporting and feedback.
- To perform any other reasonable task or duty as may be required or delegated for the safe, effective operation of the business.
- Previous experience within aircraft maintenance planning is desirable.
- Ideally attainment of a recognised aircraft maintenance apprenticeship, Aeronautical Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Good working knowledge of Part M regulations.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and work accurately and methodically with a good attention to detail.
- A confident and assertive communicator.
- Enjoys problem solving with the ability to work under pressure.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance whilst on company business
- Pension Scheme – with company contribution
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com