We are currently recruiting for an additional Ramp Controller to join the company’s Ramp Team. Reporting to the Ramp Manager, the role will entail ensuring the safe, efficient and timely turnaround and dispatch of the company’s aircraft. The position will entail working variable hours to fit around the aircraft schedule. The main duties and responsibilities of the job will include the following:-
- Marshalling, assisting in the departure of aircraft pushback, headset procedures and aircraft towing.
- The operation of the tug and forklift equipment.
- Servicing the aircraft toilet and portable water systems
- The internal and exterior cleaning of the aircraft when required
- The collection, loading and unloading of the catering equipment as and when required by the Cabin Services Department
- To work as a team and to liaise with other company departments including the Operations/Sales and Cabin Services Teams to ensure a high standard of service to our customers and on time departures.
- To carry out regular maintenance checks on ground service equipment
- To comply with all company and regulatory procedures .
Applicants must have a full driving licence, be reasonably fit and active as the role will entail working outside and being able to carry out some lifting. Whilst previous aviation/airside experience would be desirable, full training will be given. The main attributes would be for candidates to have a flexible and adaptable attitude and be able to work with other departments for the safe, efficient on time departures of the company’s aircraft.
As the role will require being issued with an airside pass, applicants will be required to produce 5 years of referencing and a DBS check.
The company would also be interested in hearing from any contractor who would be interested in working for Jota as a Ramp Controller on as and when needed basis.
If you have any questions about the role do please contact either Jamie Lane or Marian Jones
To review the full job description and specification for the position please click here (include link to job description).
To apply, please complete the online application form via the following link or through the company’s careers website.